This term, students are learning about two exciting topics:
The 4 R’s
- Refuse – say no to things you do not need e.g. straws
- Reduce – use less e.g, turn the tap off when brushing your teeth, turns of the lights when you don’t need them
- Rethink – think about whether you need it
- Recycle – -put waste into the recycling bins
We will be exploring the word ‘waste’ and how we can use the 4 R’s to care for our environment.
We will also be looking at parts of a bee and the bee life cycle,
We will explore that bees belong to a group of animals called insects.
All insects have:
- 6 legs
- 4 wings
- 3 main body parts – head, thorax and abdomen
- 2 antennae
How to help at home
- Visit the library or explore online resources to talk about these topics.
- Tell with detail, Talk with detail
- Use your first language when talking about these topics, and English if comfortable.