Food for Thought
The senior groups are learning about healthy eating.
We will look at Everyday Foods and Sometimes Foods.
There are 4 food groups for everyday foods:
- Fruit and Vegetables – gives us vitamins, minerals and fibre
- Carbohydrates – give us energy and fuel for the body and brain
- Milk and milk products – give us calcium for strong bones and teeth and protein
- Protein Foods – builds muscle, fills you up, helps you grow
- Eat a rainbow of colours everyday to get the vitamins and minerals you need
- Water is the most important drink of the day
How to help
Talk about the topic –
Use your first language then English when comfortable
Go to the library and find books on the topic
Say more – say with detail