Term 4 2020
We will be discovering Maori Myths and Legends: Maui and the Fish and Battle of the Mountains.
We will then look more closely at the question: What makes a mountain?
- The 3 main layers of Earth: the crust, the mantle, the core
- Tectonic Plates
- Different kinds of mountain shapes (fold, block, cone)
- Volcanoes – parts of a volcano, why volcanoes erupt
Ways to help at home
- Talk about anything to do with the topic – in your first language (then in English if comfortable)
- Share and talk together
- Explain things
- Show them things
- Give them new information
- Read books together on the topic