Added for online:
Unite for literacy – use the ‘narration’ image to choose to listen to stories in your home language
Term 2 2021
We will be learning all about Te Wharenui.
Te Wharenui is an important meeting house.
We will be learning:
- how to introduce ourselves in Maori
- some simple Maori words and sentences
- parts of a wharenui (how they are connected to parts of the body)
Ways to help at home
- Talk about anything to do with the topic – in your first language (then in English if comfortable)
- Share and talk together
- Explain things
- Show them things
- Give them new information
- Read books together on the topic