Term 4 2020
We will be discovering Maori Myths and Legends: Maui and the Fish and Battle of the Mountains.
We will then look more closely at the question: What makes a mountain?
- The 3 main layers of Earth: the crust, the mantle, the core
- Tectonic Plates
- Different kinds of mountain shapes (fold, block, cone)
- Volcanoes – parts of a volcano, why volcanoes erupt
Ways to help at home:
- Talk about anything to do with the topic -in your first language
- Share and talk together
- Explain things
- Show them things
- Give them new information
- Read books together on the topic
Year 4 – End of Term three
During our ESOL lesson we will be looking at recounts and retelling.
We are using a fiction text ‘a gift for Aunty Nga’ by Don Long.
Our focus will be
- regular past tense such as; crawl & crawled, land & landed etc along with irregular past tense such as bring & bought, take and took etc.
- time connectives such as; previously, eventually, afterwards earlier etc.
- sequencing of events
If you have any questions feel free to contact me firstname.lastname@example.org