Term 3 2020
For the first half of this term, we are learning about:
Matariki – the Maori New Year/In the beginning (Myths about the creation of Earth)
- talk about how your family celebrate the New Year, creation stories
- Bees belong to a group of animals called insects.
- All insects have: 3 main body parts – a head, a thorax, an abdomen; 6 legs; two antennae; 4 wings -2 forefront wings, 2 hind wings
- Types of Bees (Queen bee, worker bees, drone bees)
- Bee Life Cycle (egg, larva, pupa, adult bee)
Ways to help at home
Please talk about these ideas with your child at home
- in your own language only
- or in English only
- or in your own language and then in English
Talk about anything to do with this topic or use the ideas below.
What to do?
You and your child share and talk.
Show them things / ideas if you can.
Give them new information and ideas.
Read books about the topic together.
If you do this it will really help your child to make even more sense of this topic and know much, much more.