Term 3 2021
Our topic for Term 3 began with Caring for the Environment, will continue with Bridges, and conclude with the parts of a Castle.
Currently, we are learning about 4 different types of bridges and how they work.
Words we are learning:
Beam, suspension, arch, keystone, and cantilever.
We will consider
- How tension and compression work on a bridge.
- What makes a triangle strong?
- The different aspects of a bridge such as piles, pillars, abutments, and cables.
Ways to help at home
- Talk about anything to do with the topic – in your first language (then in English if comfortable)
- Share and talk together
- Explain things
- Show them things
- Give them new information
- Read books together on the topic
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Added for online learning:
Unite for literacy – use the ‘narration’ image to choose to listen to stories in your home language