Unite for literacy – use the ‘narration’ image to choose to listen to stories in your home language
Term 3 2021:
- We are learning vocabulary related to Heros
- We are learning curriculum vocabulary through listening, speaking and writing tasks
What is a hero?
What characteristics does a hero have?
We will look at early NZ explorers – Kupe, Tasman, Cook.
We will look at Sir Peter Blake – Hero of the Sea
Ways to help at home
- Talk about anything to do with the topic – in your first language (then in English if comfortable)
- Share and talk together
- Explain things
- Show them things
- Give them new information
- Read books together on the topic